We are so excited for our friends in Asia to officially launch their new organization called Reconciled World!
- God is doing astounding, community-transforming work through these people whose mission is to apply Biblical Truth to brokenness in all areas of life.
By understanding and applying Biblical Truth in a variety of contexts, Reconciled World tackles some of the most pressing issues of our day:
- Ashish Centre for the Differently Abled (India): Helping others see the blessing and potential of children with special needs
- Ending Gendercide (India): Building a movement to see the end of gendercide
- Skills and Discipleship Center (Southeast Asia): Training youth to be future leaders
- The Create Commission (India): Creating art to give a voice to the marginalized
- Truth-Centered Transformation (Southeast Asia): Equipping rural churches to move their communities out of poverty
While each of these programs already has been operating for years, they now will be united under the umbrella organization Reconciled World. Click here to learn more about these programs. In past blog posts, we have shared some exciting stories from these partners here, here and here; click here to read many more.
History with the DNA
The founder of Reconciled World (a current member of the DNA’s board of directors) attended a Vision Conference in 1999 where she encountered a new set of Biblically grounded ideas on poverty. Some of the key DNA messages about the local church and the impact of a biblical worldview on poverty became embedded in her mind, and she spent the next four years researching them through Scripture. In 2003, she began to test these ideas with local churches, and the response was “like an out-of-control fire.” Church leaders were thirsty for this training was transforming people’s lives.
Over the years, walking by faith and listening to God’s direction, the Truth-Centered Transformation movement grew and, today, more than 1,000 churches in Southeast Asia have been trained to apply Biblical Truth to their communities. To learn details on this model, click here.
From the founder: “Reconciled World (RW) leaders are great fans of the DNA teachings. Formerly part of Food for the Hungry, almost all the partners and program leaders of RW would point to studying the DNA ideas as a turning point in their ministry. As an organization, our focus is the application of these ideas.”
Learn more by visiting reconciledworld.org.