Summer Webinar Series with Darrow Miller
Live online lecture and discussion
We are delighted to invite you to join acclaimed author, blogger, and trainer Darrow Miller in three free, live webinars this summer. Each session will feature a lecture followed by a brief time for questions and dialogue.
Register below, and share this opportunity with your friends!
SESSION 1 [Completed]
Tue., June 13 from 2-3 p.m. Pacific Standard Time
The Transforming Story
The Bible is the book that transforms. It can transform individual lives, lift communities out of poverty, and build nations that are free, just, compassionate; it leads to human flourishing.
- To begin to understand that the Bible is not merely a devotional book or a message about spiritual salvation, but the “owner’s manual” for both our life and our work.
- To understand that the Bible provides the metanarrative that comports with reality. It has the power to transform individual lives, lift communities out of poverty, and build nations that are free, just, compassionate and prosperous.
- If you are wondering what relevance the Bible has for the most urgent challenges of the 21st century, this workshop is for you.
- If you have a heart to help people who are trapped in poverty and want to make a real, sustainable difference, this workshop is for you.
- If you are a person who is disillusioned with the materialistic paradigm and are seriously looking for an alternative framework for your life, then this workshop is for you.
Tue., July 11 from 2-3 p.m. Pacific Standard Time
The Maternal Heart of God
One of the greatest causes of poverty in the world is a lie! The lie: men are superior to women. In fact, women, like men, have been endowed with dignity and honor. They reveal God’s maternal heart to the world.
- To demonstrate that poverty is not fundamentally material, but relational. It has its root in broken relationships, and particulary in distorted and broken relationships between men and women.
- To reveal that one of the greatest causes of poverty in the world is the lie that “Men are superior to women.”
- To show the intrinsic dignity of women.
- If you are a woman who has been abused by men and objectified by society, this workshop is for you.
- If you are a person who has a heart for women, who is engaged with fighting sex trafficking and other abuses of women, this workshop is for you.
- If you are a man who is open to exploring the ways you may be contributing to the abuse and objectification of women, even unintentionally, this workshop is for you.
Tue., Aug. 22 from 2-3 p.m. Pacific Standard Time
For too long, the church has been the church on Sundays, but not the church on Mondays. Work has been separated from worship. Young people long for their work to be significant. This session will reconnect one’s work to the coming of the Kingdom of God.
- To demonstrate that God is not merely interested in corporate worship on Sunday, but also in your work on Monday.
- To help learners understand what the sacred/secular dichotomy is, and why it is so damaging to the way we think about and do our work.
- You will come to understand that the Great Commission is for all Christians, not simply those who go “overseas.” It encompasses more than just evangelism, but gives meaning and purpose to all forms of work.
- If you long to see how your work connects to advancing the kingdom of God, this workshop is for you.
- If you are trapped in the sacred/secular dichotomy, viewing your work as a secular activity disconnected from God and the Bible, but hunger to live life in a comprehensive and wholistic way, then this workshop is for you.