Scripture is clear. God’s principally ordained agent for the advancement of His Kingdom is the Church (Mt. 16:17-19). Local churches represent the single most important community-based institution for social and cultural transformation. They have a mandate to represent God’s agenda for restoration (Mt. 28:18-20), its members are represented in all sectors of society, and most importantly, the Church has the promise of God to work through it to bless, heal, and disciple the nations (Gen. 12:1-3; Eph. 3:10-11).
Yet we live in a time of tragic paradox. Never have there been more churches, yet more brokenness, poverty, and despair. All too often, local churches are disengaged from culture, and thus, irrelevant to the needs of their communities and nations. Rather than discipling the nations, churches are being discipled by their nations.
Thankfully, things are changing. We are convinced that we are living in a kairos moment—a pivotal time where old paradigms are giving way and new ones are emerging. The Church worldwide is reawakening to her historic role as God’s Kingdom ambassador and change-agent. It is within this historic context that the Disciple Nations Alliance finds its calling.
Our mission: To influence the paradigm and practice of local churches around the world, helping them:
- Recognize and abandon false beliefs, and embrace a robust biblical worldview--bringing truth, justice and beauty into every sphere of society, and
- Demonstrate Christ's love in practical ways, addressing the brokenness in their communities and nations beginning with their own resources.
- Develop, promote and distribute as widely as possible, a "school of thought" and tools for application centered around three interrelated themes:(1) The central and strategic role of the Church in society, (2) the power of biblical truth for cultural and social transformation, and (3) the need for churches to practice a wholistic, incarnational ministry. (See our Core Beliefs)
- Envision, train and connect emerging and established strategic leaders who:
- Hold positions of influence in church-based organizations and networks
- Are effective in developing grass-roots models and real-world application
- Possess cultural, economic and political influence
Our passion is to see engaged, credible, high-impact local churches affect real transformation in their communities and in sufficient mass to disciple their nations.
As a global movement, there are no headquarters. The Disciple Nations Alliance is comprised of individuals, churches, and organizations that are drawn together by a common vision and purpose, as well as adherence to common core beliefs and operational principles.
For a list of DNA alliance partners, click here. To join the Disciple Nations Alliance global movement, click here. To contact the U.S. office of the Disciple Nations Alliance, click here.